Quote Of The Day
“It’s absolutely mind-boggling that virtually every major outlet in the world reporting the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling yesterday has failed to mention one of the most important facts of the entire case. Caster Semenya has XY chromosomes. … How the Associated Press, Reuters, NY Times, NPR, Washington Post, and BBC could all leave this CRUCIAL fact out of their reporting is beyond me. Not a single one of them mentioned it at all. It should have been in the lead paragraph of every story so people like my mother, who sent me a confused email after she saw an article on Semenya, can really understand what this is all about. Instead, the closest we get to the truth was that some of the articles talked about how Semenya has intersex “traits” or “characteristics.” Let’s be real, if you are an XY woman, you are the very definition of what virtually everyone would think of as intersex.”
– LRC’s Robert Johnson explaining the very important fact that most mainstream media outlets are leaving out when it comes to the Caster Semenya CAS case.
- Hoka Carbon X project 100k WR Attempt Official Thread (Sponsored by HOKA ONE ONE)
- My Semenya article has gone viral worldwide, Ill be on BBC 5 live to talk about it at 11:30 london time (6:30 US)
- 10 years ago Jimmy Wyner was DQd after winning the Heps 1500 and then all hell broke loose on the LRC forums
- Best Strategy to pull off a 1500m upset
- London Marathon investigates reports runners were called 'fat' and 'slow'
- Going for 14:45 tomorrow
- People don't get why I want to run faster
- Not Official: It's ON! Eliud Kipchoge will run the 2019 Berlin Marathon! Said he wants to run the fastest time possible!