Quote Of The Day
“If it’s Steve’s intention to resign from his position at the BBC, and sever any links he might still have with Nike, then fine – he would be a very strong candidate to become chairman.”
“But if it’s his desire to occupy both roles I’d say that is a huge conflict of interest. When the TV deal comes up, is Cram going to take our sport to Amazon, Sky or another broadcaster or simply favour the BBC when they are his employers and income providers?”
“It concerns me he hasn’t yet clarified this when the process is reaching an advanced stage. We need transparency and communication. Cram has failed at the first hurdle by refusing to speak to the media regarding a very important position for our sport.”
– Matt Yates, a former 1:45/3:34 British Olympian, talking about how he doesn’t think Steve Cram should be eligible for the head of UK Athletics unless he gives up his Nike and BBC gigs. Yates himself is a candidate for the job as well.
- LRCers vindicated (yet again). Cherry Blossom 10 Miler was 240f short. Kebenei loses AR but keeps 10k cash bonus.
- Wired's Nicholas Thompson on Boston: "It’s a terrible course if you want a personal best." Agree or Disagree?
- Times have changed: Joan B. Samuelson was punched by her college field hockey coach and Joanie says the coach did the "right thing"
- IAAF won't recognize Kenya's 3:00.92 4 x 400 from last year's African Champs because the venue wasn't "certified by IAAF"
- Have you ever quadrupled? If so, list your times and places.
- List of 35 countries where Americans risk being kidnapped (Ethiopian, Keny and Uganda make the list)