Quote Of The Day
“I have a fear of the marathon, no matter what. After I ran 2:07 (his PR, in Chicago in 2012, 4th-fastest ever among Americans) I was afraid of the marathon. It’s a healthy fear … When I think about this being the first marathon in four years, I don’t worry because the training has gone well. But once you get in the race, other variables happen. There’s probably a 50-50 chance for anyone on the start line that the marathon doesn’t go the way they want it to or close to that. … I thought I was fit enough to win last year. It won’t be a failure if I don’t win, but I’m going to go in with that in mind.”
– Dathan Ritzenhein sharing his thoughts ahead of Monday’s Boston Marathon.
- At age 36, Ritz wants to win the Boston Marathon next Monday
- Is the dream realistic? How many U.S. born men and women are making over $100,000/yr as professional distance runners?
- 2012 London Men's 800m : has there been a faster race _at any distance?_
- Ran a 400m race out of lane 1 and frantically tried to avoid getting hit by a javelin. How much time did that cost me?
- Tommy Hughes runs 2:30 at Rotterdam at age 59!
- I’m getting way too skinny!!!
- Am I or is my coach wrong?
- 25.8% of men aged 18 to 39 are virgins
- Are the sugars in fruits good or bad for you?
- Sports Illustrated Article RE: Shalane Flanagan, Going "All-In," Tradeoffs associated with running.
- History was made yesterday. It was the 1st day that two men broke 2:05 in the marathon on the same day in different cities
- Dennis Kimetto had another DNF in Daegu