Quote Of The Day
“[I know now that] there are so many guys and girls going through college — it’s almost like hobby jogging. They are just filling spots on the roster. I was just kind of clocking in and clocking out. I was running 8k in 26:33. [I know now I was] still going through the motions, but I was just on a high for being on a Division I team. No one in my family had done that. For me, I thought I had hit the jackpot. I even got a partial scholarship. I was on cloud nine…”
“My goal is to do 3ks and 5ks and I really want to run like 13:30. I want to keep pushing. I think people when they get out of college they think, ‘Oh crap I can’t be elite so I have to go to the roads or the marathon.’ I thought of it completely differently. I thought, ‘I already suck so it doesn’t matter if I suck at the marathon or the track.’ I just want to keep pushing.”
– Matt Crowe, 28, who will be competing at the 2019 IAAF/Mikkeller World Cross Country Championships this weekend for LetsRun.com. Crowe’s collegiate best for 5000 on the track was 15:40. Now he’s run 13:57 and hoping to go faster.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Allie K and Brad part ways
- Team LetsRun.com just doubled in size - Meet Matt Crowe - We're sending him to 2019 World XC as well
- Say Alberto Salazar was 20 today, could his career have been even better?
- WOW, this woman runner is 80!
- Meet Directors giving the NCAA the middle finger
- How much do you sleep at night? Ben True never sets an alarm clock and sometimes sleeps 11 hrs at night
- I do nothing at work all day and make $150k a year (AMA)
- I've seen around a hundred indoor races online this year- this is my favorite
- Easy miles pace
- Is ice cream bad for runners?