Quote Of The Day
“So for a couple of months I’ve known I was going to pace it, but the world record attempt only happened maybe even the day before. I saw Kejelcha’s name on the start list and I was like, ‘oh, that’s interesting.’ I thought he would have stayed in America and then found out a couple of days before or the day before that they needed someone to go to 2:20. And that’s pretty fast. So I was a little bit, you know, nervous going in, but I was pretty confident I could get the job done. …To be totally honest, I didn’t think that they would get it. I thought they would be close, but I didn’t think they’d get it. And I think when I got to the hotel, as soon as I got into the hotel, two days before the race we saw Kejelcha and he said 1:52 at 800 and that was as official word as we’d heard at that point. And then the next day I spoke to my coach and he said to me, he had chatted with the meet director and he had said, yeah, we’re going for 2:20 [for 1000m]. They’re going for the world record. And then I chatted to (fellow pacer) Bram Som on the day before and he was going to go anywhere between 600 and 800. I don’t think it was as official as you’d think. It was sort of a few broken conversations in the lobby and just a bit of a word from above. Spencer Barden, the meet director, just sort of said ‘this is what it’s going to be. Get it done.’”
– Jordan Williamsz talking about the pre-race planning (or lack thereof) ahead of being a rabbit for Samuel Tefera’s indoor 1500m world record run in Birmingham.
- Who wants to be an Olympian ? Public allowed to run the marathon in Paris 2024 !
- Mile WR attempt at BU March 3
- What is a 6 minute mile pace to you?
Calling on all Ivy League Track and Field alums. Come to the Heps reception in Boston on Saturday(6-8:30 pm ET). Extra tickets added after sellout.
- Who said cross country is dead in Europe? More than 8,000 have entered 2019 English xc champs
- Talent vs hard work for decent hobby jogger times? Proof it!
- Syracuse bball coach Jim Boeheim killed a man last night
- What is your favorite Nike running shoe?