Quote Of The Day
In Chapter 1 of Inside a Marathon, Scott Fauble jokes that “no one really wants to document the trials and tribulations of a straight, white male from an upper-middle class background.”
Broadly speaking, that is true. But Inside a Marathon: An All-Access Pass to a Top-10 Finish at NYC – a 304-page training log/journal documenting Fauble’s buildup for the 2018 New York City Marathon – is not geared for the masses. It is geared toward the hardcore running fan, the person who, even if they can’t quite relate to grinding out 110+ miles per week and running 2:12 in New York, can at least appreciate the effort it takes to do so …
The book’s appeal lies in its absolute transparency – every run, every workout, the results of every blood test, all laid bare with unvarnished commentary from both Fauble and his coach at HOKA ONE ONE Northern Arizona Elite, Ben Rosario.
If that is a concept that intrigues you, then pick up a copy, because Inside a Marathon is executed beautifully …
The book lives up to its title: Fauble and Rosario take us deeper inside a marathon than any other coach-athlete duo ever has. For the casual fan, all of those paces and splits might be overwhelming. But in our sport, there aren’t many “casual” fans. For the running junkie, it’s a treat.
– Excerpt from our review of Inside a Marathon: An All-Access Pass to a Top-10 Finish at NYC, which chronicles EVERYTHING that Scott Fauble did to finish 7th in New York last fall.
The only place you can purchase a copy is at insideamarathon.com.
- Renato Canova defends Federico Rosa, "(It) is not possible to control what they individually do."
- 23 miles at 6:07 pace is "easy" for Jordan MF Hasay. Discuss.
- The best road rage video ever: Man drives 65 yr old on the hood his car up 70 mph on Mass Turnpike
- Try to name one thing harder than Alex Honnold climbing El Capitan with no ropes.
- Global Warming? LOL. Minneapolis is -60. Chicago is coldest EVER! Global Warmists duped us!
- Davos NYT Reporter: All the private talk is about AI, could free up 99% of labor force
- RIP: Henrik Jorgensen, 1988 London Marathon champ and long-time Denmark NR holder, dies while on a run at 57
- What is your resting heart rate?
- Travelling to Australia - running suggestions, flies, and cell phones
- More fast Aussie juniors 17 year old 3:44 and 15 year old 3:53 for 1500m