Quote Of The Day
“I was obviously over the moon with my performance in Berlin but none of my family and friends were in the stadium. It is not really an anti-climax but you are so excited by it, yet you run around and there was no-one really there for you to run to or to hug. Weirdly enough, there was a girl I used to train with at Dundee Hawkhill, who was there in the crowd. I just saw her face, out of all those thousands of people, and she was just standing on the stairs, cheering me on. And I almost started crying. I hadn’t seen this girl in years, it wasn’t like we were really close, but we went to school together and she was a couple of years above me in my club. Just seeing someone who reminded me of home, I got quite emotional about that, and having that in Glasgow will be pretty special. …She messaged me on Instagram afterwards and I even said to her ‘you have no idea how much that meant to me, just to see someone’s face’ and it did. You think of how many years you spend running around Scotland – cross countries in Livingston and Alloa – when it is freezing cold and muddy. To have someone else there who has been through all that with you and cheering you on was pretty special. … They appreciate how hard it is to keep going when times are tough. It has taken me from the age of 12 to 26 to get my first medal, so it certainly doesn’t happen overnight. That was the first time I was able to step back and say ‘yeah, I am proud of myself for what I have achieved’. It has taken me a long time to get to this point. But we’ve got there.”
– Scottish distance runner Eilish McColgan talking about how she’s looking forward to the prospect of being able to win a medal in front of family and friends at the 2019 European Indoor Championships in Glasgow.
- Asbel Kiprop on Living Under Doping Cloud
- The great 'could care less'/ 'couldn't care less' debate, who's right?
- Getting shoe lacing tightness correct/right?
- NXN at Large, here ya go!
- Some 1:05 dude home for the holidays just showed up to our 13.1 Turkey trot
- any Californian's thinking of leaving the state?
- Kenyan EPO doper Kipyegon Bett (800m) hit with 4-year ban from Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU)
- How to Kenyans train in rainy days?
- Post your Black Friday deals here
- Check your scores 2018 Running Warehouse NCAA XC Contest