Quote Of The Day
“Doctors said the best chance of recovery was to immediately get into physical therapy. I did that two days after the stroke and I got out of bed with assistance and got behind the walker around the hospital – and ironically it was around 200m. I timed it and it took me around 15 minutes to cover that distance. Ordinarily that would be very disconcerting and I would have no hope – having been the fastest person in the world at that distance – but I was very encouraged. For the next few weeks I went back into an Olympic mindset and focusing on having the best training session I can today and using it to be better and get better. Almost three months on now from the stroke and I am pretty much back to normal and back to work.”
– Michael Johnson talking about recovering from the stroke he had in September. Even though at first he couldn’t walk, he says now he is “pretty much back to normal.”
- FLASH! Joshua Cheptegei just broke the 15k WR in 41:04 with a 2:27 last km!
- XC state championship streaks
- Being a lot more educated and smarter than your parent
- M. Wetmore interview GOAT
- Stories of Alcoholism
- Grant Fisher's Career: Disappointment?
- 2018 JFK 50 miler thread
- Morgan McDonald NCAA XC Champion 2018
- Dani Jones - NCAA Division I XC Champ 2018
- 2018 NCAA "American Only" Cross Country Results (Men)
- Day #3 in Ethiopia: I broke bread with Haile G, watched him dance,and watched the Dallas Cowboys soar to 5-5 ask me anything