Quote Of The Day
“WADA has created this state of emergency through their continual poor decision making at the expense of athletes and clean sport. WADA is in a self-inflicted crisis that now requires swift reform to its governance. I know WADA was set up with good intentions, but I believe the WADA Crisis could have been easily avoided if the organization had decided to listen a little more, and criticize a little less. If WADA had decided not to lower its standards and carry out a backroom deal where it colluded with Russia to reinstate the nation despite the state-sponsored doping, this crisis could have been avoided. WADA invited a country that perpetrated systematic cheating back with open arms, rather than uphold their punishment, as the world demanded. This, despite Russia committing what many believe is the biggest doping scandal in the history of sport. This crisis could have been avoided if WADA had only shown leadership and listened to majority opinion, the voices of reason across the athlete community, and society calling for a firm stance. This crisis could have been avoided if the wishes of a few sports administrators around a Board table weren’t put above the interests of millions of athletes and billions of sports fans. It has been said before, and it’s important to say again: the reason, among others, that sports leaders wanted Russia reinstated, was money. The country is known to pay vast amounts to land leading sports events. When sport has an opportunity to make millions from reinstating a cheating country – thereby allowing it to host events again – they vote for money. This politics over principle approach further proves that figures from the IOC and other sports movement representatives should be nowhere near the World Anti-Doping Agency.”
– Emma Coburn speaking out against WADA on their reinstatement of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency.
- D1 teams don't even compete at regional?
- And the worst use of social media award goes to.... Patrick Mahomes girlfriend - Brittany Matthews!!
- Sub-elite guys/gals: Do you have a training plan? A coach?
- An unknown Kenyan woman just ran 2:18 at Istanbul Marathon.... And her agent is........Federico Rosa
- CIM replacement race???
- How often do you "fight" with your girlfriend/wife/significant other?
- Nick Symmonds ran his 3:34 1500m on pure 800m training
- King Cheserek is back.... Edward Cheserek won a $5,000 road mile over the weekend over Josh Kerr in 4:02