Quote Of The Day
“Even if I was well prepared, it’s difficult to explain the exact feelings. It was a mix of apprehension, fear and determination at the same time. I remember what our president in that time, [Habib] Bourguiba, told me before I left for Mexico, ‘Bring me the gold and I will give you what you want.’ My answer was, ‘I’ll bring the gold and you’ll come with me to take it my childhood home,’ a small place in the south of Tunisia, called Sidi Aich. The desire of my mum was to see the President, and this was important for me. Both of us honored the promise, and there are no words to explain my happiness when I heard my national anthem on the top of the podium!”
– 1968 Olympic 5,000m champion Mohammed Gammoudi reflecting back on when he won his Olympic gold.
- An unknown Kenyan woman just ran 2:18 at Istanbul Marathon.... And her agent is........Federico Rosa
- Do cyclists suck on purpose?
- What are your high school's T&F records?
- Fueling for marathons - is it REALLY necessary?
- Ran a 5k in the Vaporfly 4% today.
- Cory McGee to Bosshard Group
- How much fitness has Rupp lost?
- Bill Meylan is a genius -- predicts F-M girls will lose NY state meet for 1st time in 13 years by 1 point -- and they do!
- Loudoun Valley Boys Score 16 Today at State Meet. Is it Tinman Training?