Quote Of The Day
“I don’t want to come end of Tokyo, look back and have any regrets. That’s what I didn’t want to happen because realistically, my fertility situation isn’t great and this was my only chance. My time frame was limited and I knew that. I’m 34 now and basically I’m going to menopause by the time I’m 43. The risk of completing our family and training for the Olympics … I don’t want that. First and foremost for me was actually giving Kimoana a sibling and completing a family. For us this is it. I don’t want to be one of those should’ve, would’ve, could’ve. I’ve got the opportunity now, I need to take it. It’s the same with sport, if you’ve got the opportunity, take it. I think people underestimate just how hard fertility is. Our wants were there, but nothing was happening.”
– Two-time Olympic shot put champion Valerie Adams talking about why she didn’t want to wait until after the Tokyo Olympics to have a second child.
- 41 Year old Sinead Diver runs 2:25.19 at Melbourne Marathon
- Allie Kieffer runs 1:10:58 for the win at Staten Island Half as her last workout before NYC
- Long run - 12 days away from goal race - Yes or Not?
- Wanders gets the European 10k record!
- Women's Cycling, where Biological Male, wins Women's World Championship (UCI) for age 35-39 Masters when representing Canada
- Why not 10K for NCAA ladies?
- I ship out for basic training today
- Mileage to see improvement
- Kip Keino and six other senior Kenyan officials charged with corruption
- Why do running stores exist?
- stopping during long runs?