Quote Of The Day
“When I started road racing, I told myself that I’d give it about one or two years before I jumped into a marathon. I used to downplay the marathon so much. I wanted to just do it to say that I’ve done it and then check a box for my career. Things change as you go. I’m still running at the highest level. It’s not just trying it now. I am going to put myself 100% into it. When I told my agent that I wanted to do a marathon, I couldn’t think of a better place to do it than New York. This is something new and a great challenge. With the training that I’ve been doing, maybe this is the right time to go all-out. With all seriousness, I want to show up and run a really good marathon in New York.”
– Bernard Lagat talking about making his marathon debut at the 2018 NYC Marathon at the age of 43.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Kipchoge: "I have been doing all things at 80 percent"
- Colleen Quigley wins 1500 in Poland
- I'm driving from Texas to New York. Ask me anything
- How much toe length do you leave for shoes?
- What is the fastest a speedometer road sing has recorded from you running by?
- Tour de France-like event for running
- Coach forcing me to run no slower than 8 minute pace in practice...I'm a 21 min 5K girl
- WTF my school’s new athletic director won’t let runners go shirtless!
- Official Cohen/Manafort Guilty Thread (+I've been driving across the country listening to Limbaugh and MSNBC AMA)
- American elite ultramarathoner Dane Rauschenberg from Texas gets suspended from Twitter.