Quote Of The Day
“Her mental strength is without question phenomenal. She is one of the toughest athletes mentally I’ve ever coached.”
– Oregon Track Club coach Mark Rowland talking about 800-meter ace Francine Niyonsaba aka “the princess of Burundi” in a Ken Goe profile. Rowland revealed that Niyonsaba, who is battling Caster Semenya and Ajee Wilson this weekend at Pre, got malaria while the OTC was training in South Africa this winter but still managed to win world indoor gold.
- Mt. Sac refuses to rebid for 2020 Trials: "Why would we consider bidding for them again when they just took it away from us?"
- I just turned 33. Besides retirement, is there anything to look forward to in middle and old age?
- RIP László Tabori - History's 3rd sub-4 miler has died. He also coached Boston and NYC champs.
- The Russians finally fess up (sort of) - They admit to "systematic" doping, but don't use the word" institutional"
- Official 2018 NCAA D1 Regional Discussion - Talk about the big surprises, positive or negative here
- Meet the South Carolina bartender who trains for 100 milers after his shift - from 11:30 pm to 2 am ET
- Florida Signs Mike Holloway to a 10-year track and field extension - Why would an AD give anyone a 10-year contract?