Quote Of The Day
“I’ve always been a guy that just shows up every day and I work hard. I remember when back as a high school coach I just wanted to do well. When I came to Florida I wanted to be the best assistant coach I could be. And then when I became the head coach I told [then-AD] Jeremy Foley – I gave him my word – that at the end of every year he’d be proud of the track & field program.”
“I said, ‘I can’t promise you championships, but I can promise you we’re going to compete hard.’ As this thing has unfolded, I’d be lying if I told you, ‘Oh yeah, I knew we were going to win 7 national titles.’ I didn’t even know we were going to win 1. But the only thing I did know is I can come in here and work hard every day. And I’ve been blessed to have a staff around me to trust me. They believe in me as I believe in them. We work hard together. We believe in each other. And that’s why it works here, we just grind every day.”
– Florida track coach Mike Holloway, talking in a 4,000+ word profile by Track and Field News Jeff Hollobaugh. Holloway’s men’s and women’s programs just won the SEC Outdoors in the same year for the first time ever but Holloway has been getting big results for a long time. His men have finished top 3 at NCAAs for 9 straight years, winning 4 titles including 2 in a row. Can they 3-peat?
- Motorist drives through runners of Plymouth half marathon to get to work
- Desiree Davila Linden back home kissed by Taylor Swift live on Billboard Music Awards (updated with video)
- Could Yuki Kawauchi win the WS 100? He just smashed the course record in his first 71k race
- Will the UK take us back? More Americans watched the Royal Wedding than Brits
- Here's a story that absolutely REEKS of LetsRun - 30 yr old man being evicted from home by parents
- Seattle runners. Cougar attack (fatality) in Washington: Same trail as the course used for downhill marathons?
- How much did you weigh in college and how much do you weigh today?
- Controversy at Cleveland Marathon: Winner was wearing a tshirt over his bib most of the race. Agent of 2nd place wants a DQ
- Yoga, my wife, a dilemma, help me!