Quote Of The Day
“The other really interesting thing is that, guided by the new IOC transgender policy that lowers the upper limit for testosterone to 5nmol/L, the IAAF are setting their limit at 5nmol/L. It used to be 10. That will slow the times of these athletes down even more than it did in the past. … History suggests Semenya will lose about four seconds to five seconds. Because in 2013 and 2014, when the IAAF were diligent about ensuring her compliance with the upper limit at that time (10nM), she was running 2:00. I don’t think she even qualified for the Commonwealth Games. Now, at 5nM, that effect will be even larger, I suspect. She will go from a 1:54 to 2:01-2:03, is my estimate.”
– Sports scientist Ross Tucker talking about the effect the IAAF’s new rules on testosterone limits for women will have on Caster Semenya.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Statement from agent Ricky Simms on Galen Rupp/Jordan Hasay DNFs in Chicago
- Down goes Semenya!!!
- Rupp has sharpie on hand in to remind him to drink
- Underwear question
- Farah's 'big balls' in London
- gwen jorgenson debut 1/2 marathon in pittsburgh 5/6
- what are the LEAST DURABLE RUNNING SHOES you've worn?
- Not April Fools: Penn State bans century old outdoor club from..... going outdoors as the wilderness is too dangerous
- In this thread type the names of great US runners in the 1990's
- Poll: NOP brand value after doping allegations