Quote Of The Day
“Mikey is the first ambulatory athlete to go under 4 minutes in the mile, which he actually did that on the night of the opening ceremonies in Rio. I was getting texts from journalists in Rio, and they were like, ‘Is this right? Did Mikey just go under?’ People were excited … It’s challenging for him having autism; pacing is very hard for him. He doesn’t feel the difference between the different paces, so it’s just a matter of practicing pace. From a coach’s perspective what I observe and what others have observed is that he doesn’t get it, doesn’t get it, doesn’t get it and then all of a sudden, he gets it! Then he starts being able to race it.”
– Sonja Robinson, coach of Paralympic champion distance runner Mikey Brannigan, talking about how having autism makes it harder for Brannigan to pace himself during races.
- Atlanta to host 2020 US Olympic Marathon Trials
- Galen Rupp running Prague Marathon May 6th
- 15th place at London Marathon was 2:21:17 so WTF
- As long as Dennis Kimetto holds the World Record, he is going to continue to EAT.
- Coldest run from this past (2017-18) winter season?
- Yuki took 3rd in WMM
- millenials are effectively priced out of most major city housing markets
- will I be affected by 5000 of elevation at start of marathon?
- What are arm sleeves supposed to do?
- Check your scores $200,018 London Running Warehouse Prediction Contest