Quote Of The Day
– Eliud Kipchoge talking about why he went out in a ridiculous 4:22 for the first mile and 13:48 for the first 5k at the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon. In the end, he still did what he always does – win an amazing 9th straight victory for him at the 26.2-mile distance.
London spends a TON to get the greatest fields but then they kill off a ton of excitement by getting the pace so wrong year in and year out. This is not an isolated incident. Last year, the race went out in 14:11. The year before, it was 14:16. WR pace is 14:41. All of the alpha males and females need to be reined in with rabbits that don’t go out ahead of WR pace.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- Check your scores $200,018 London Running Warehouse Prediction Contest
- Kipchoge needs to win New York and/or Boston (real marathons) to secure his legacy as the GOAT
- Mo Farah - Greatest Range of Any Distance Runner Ever?
- Kennenisa Bekele - Interview after the race - No excuses given
- Does today's race mark MO FARAH as competitive on the world stage?
- I just saw Guye Adola did not DNF in London (Finished in 2:32:35)
- Why is Mo Farah wearing arm warmers in 70 degree heat?
- Can we please stop with the WR attempts at London?
- Sarah Sellers has been a bigger media darling than Desiree Linden
- London: this guy won the 50-54 age group
- BBC announcers clueless about marathon