Quote Of The Day
“I’m not a young athlete any more. I’m not coming into championships to make up the numbers or fill the lanes. I’m here to win. As a junior you go to championships and, if you do well, it’s a bonus. You never really expect that but as a senior athlete and someone who has now been to a lot of major championships I do feel like an elder statesman in the team – especially as the Commonwealth Games team is very young. I’m making sacrifices every day. I don’t do that just to fill a lane and make someone else look good.”
– GB’s 24-year-old 4 x 100 Worlds gold medalist Adam Gemili talking about his goal for 100m individual gold at the Commonwealth Games.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Kipchoge: "I have been doing all things at 80 percent"
- Those of you dating a non-runner, how did you compromise on some of the things that come with running (running early, etc.)?
- Tiger Woods ran 30 mpw: "I have to run"
- Missouri Athletes Not Allowed to Run Arcadia
- Day 2 Commonwealth Games Discussion Thread - W10k is at 6:35 am ET. W100 at 7:50, M100 at 8:15.
- 16x200 workout
- Track coach suspended for having practice on snow day
- Where would you rather live: NYC, Atlanta or Columbus?
- Any places to train at altitude on the east coast?
- Bulldozing Hayward Field would be the greatest thing for the sport of track and field in America
- Huh? 78 year old Brit stabs and kills intruder in his own house and is arrested for murder