Quote Of The Day
“Yeah, I have a lot of complaints. But it seems like we’re barely able to warm up. We’re warming up on a 30-second loop under a parking structure outside. It’s freezing cold. There’s no place for athletes to warm up. This is the first time that we were allowed to get on the track, today. And the curves are extremely steep, so I can see how people are falling on the inside, Chelimo’s stepping on the inside and … These 400 guys don’t know where to cut in because they’ve never been able to see the track before! It’s, like, ridiculous. I just wish it was, like, handled a little better. It seems like it’s all about media and, like, looking good, but they’ve forgotten that it’s all about the athletes. We need to warm up properly before our race and we should probably do some strides on the competition track before we race there at a World Championships. Like, just a little thought going into that would have been nice.”
– American Colleen Quigley talking about the 2018 IAAF World Indoor Championships where seemingly everyone and their mother was DQed for a lane violation on Friday.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- $200,018 Running Warehouse World Indoors Prediction Contest - Check Your Scores / Change Your Picks
- RIP: Dr. Dave Martin - marathon physiology expert - has died at 78. Post your tributes here.
- Mo Farah said he's had no contact with Alberto Salazar
- Track and field: a sport which actively tries to cannibalize itself
- Video: The 400 heat that didn't exist - everyone DQd
- Men's 800: Anyone think with Korir out that Brazier's chances for gold just went way up but so did his odds for no medal?
- Snobby Hollywood Actress Claims She Ran 22 MPH While Training For A Movie
- Please give 3 good reasons why runners about to be lapped in championship races should NOT be pulled off the track. Thanks