Quote Of The Day
“I love the mile. Given the choice of the mile or the 3K flat, I’d much rather take on a mile. It’s funny because my race distance is the 3K, so you’d think I’d shoot for that. But I think that distance is so stinking hard without hurdles; it’s so fast. … I felt so excited [at Millrose] because I’ve never broken tape before in a race – no race I’ve won as a pro has had tape across the finish line. So I was like, Oh my gosh – I’m going to break the tape! What am I going to do? I should put my arms up and celebrate. This will be fun! … I was letting up into the [finish] line. Kate almost nipped me – I barely beat her. That could have been an embarrassing end to an otherwise well-run race. Luckily, I got to learn my lesson without the embarrassment.”
– Colleen Quigley talking ahead of USAs about her love for the mile distance and the early celebration that almost cost her the win in the Wanamaker Mile earlier this month.
[gravityform action=”polls” id=”648″ mode=”poll” cookie=”1 month” show_results_link=”false” display_results=”true” percentages=”true” counts=”false” ajax=”true”]
- Update: You can enter the $20,018 USA Indoors Prediction Contest Until 4:53 pm eastern today
- Trolls beware, the US just indicted a bunch of Russians for trolling Americans on social media.
- I just lost respect for downhill skiing- snowboarder wins the super G
- Wow. NBC declares Anna Veith winner of the gold ends live footage? Anna Veith silver!
- Which runner can run a faster 800m
- Will LeoManzano win the USATF Indoor 800 meter title
- Did South Korea cheat in the Skeleton
- What's the slowest time that will get you on every single collegs team????