Quote Of The Day
“Everything impacts your job. What you eat, how much you sleep, if your wife wants to go on a hike. If your wife wants to go on a weekend vacation – sorry, can’t sit in a car all day. So it started to impact things that I really enjoy a lot. … With running, no matter who you are you have to move on at some point. So if it was me at 24 or me at 32 it was gonna happen sooner or later. Best-case scenario I go on, I make 2020 (Olympics). I make the final. I medal. Even then, my situation from an overall life standpoint, having a wife and maybe kids by then. It just seemed like I could possibly be sacrificing a lot for things that I care more about. … I care more about having time to be with my wife and my family and having a career that is stable and safe . . . running wasn’t that.”
– Brooks Beasts 800 runner Shaquille Walker talking about why he’s decided to retire from professional track and field at the relatively young age of 24.
- LetsRun.com 2.0 Is Here. Where can we find a sub-7:52 3k race on on Feb. 3rd or 10th so we can take on the World?
- Brooks CEO: “Running’s not really a sport....Nobody remembers who won the Olympic marathon and what shoe they were wearing”
- R.I.P. Guy Arbogast: Running loses a great one
- For 70 mpw is 14 double 5’milers equivalent to 7 ten milers
- How much cash did Andrew Wheating make? Anyone else hear he was paid $750,000 / yr when he 1st signed?
- Critique my “diet” (not counting calories but want to eat healthier) plan
- Pro contracts dropped for 2018
- Name of short runner