Quote Of The Day
“I’m excited. I’m very nervous. The longest run I’ve ever done is 15 miles. I know I probably should have done something longer in preparation, but I wasn’t able to get it in so I’m just going to have to game-up on Sunday … I probably averaged about 25-30 miles a week for the last six months, so not your best marathon preparation but I did a lot of mountaineering. I climbed Mount Rainier in 21 straight hours, 9,000 feet up and 9,000 feet down. It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life and afterwards I thought, there’s no way a marathon could be that hard. It’s only three or four hours, right? So, I’m going to use that to give me mental strength and 20 years of competitive running that has settled in my legs to hopefully get me through this 26.2-mile beast.”
– Nick Symmonds talking about his preparations and expectations ahead of his marathon debut at the Honolulu Marathon on Sunday.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Statement from agent Ricky Simms on Galen Rupp/Jordan Hasay DNFs in Chicago
- Unluckiest runner you never heard of?
- Another runner left CU - cites racists comments/slurs as a reason
- Training Log for a 2:30ish Boston Marathon 2018
- Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics
- Running over 10,000 meters at 800m pace over the course of 1 week
- What could cause the end of Bitcoin?
- Tim Ritche's interview proves that the CIM course is a farce
- Who is the best athlete in the world that we can guarantee is clean?
- Try #6? This time we may have solved it. Please post if you get redirected on LetsRun after 10 am central