Quote Of The Day
“[Having a sponsor] would alleviate a ton of mom guilt. I’m taking out of my family fund to travel to races all the time, to buy shoes, to buy spikes, to get massages. It would be nice to have a fund that’s actually dedicated to training and racing expenses. … [Sponsorship] would take some of the pressure off of that, too (working extra hours to make up for money spent on the expense of her track season), just being able to step back a little more during the track season and focus on running when I need to. This year, May was my busiest month out of the year and I felt really obligated to do that because I can’t afford to not work and focus on track right now.”
– 31-year-old mother of three and 2017 World team member, Sara Vaughn, talking about the struggle of being a pro runner while also trying to provide for her family working as a real estate agent. She says she’d just like to make enough from running to cover the expenses of being a pro runner.
- Normal People try to run at Mo Farahs 5k pace - Iconic
- What happened with Brentwood HS?
- Zero dates in 2017 ?
- Saucony sponsors 5K cheat in Greece and says it's no big deal!
- Jared Ward is a highly beloved professor at BYU, with 4.8/5 stars on Rate My Professor and a Chili Pepper
- On the ratio between half marathon pace and easy run pace
- Just moved from major metro area to rural America - observations
- Dumbest overheard/said to you at a turkey trot?
- Definition of: Mediocre, Decent, Good, Sub-Elite, and Elite in High School