Quote Of The Day
“Use of [the word risk] as it’s applied to life absolutely aggravates me. I feel like it is so often used because many people don’t understand the steps others have to take to achieve something out of the ordinary. If you’ve done your homework and are ready to be committed to seeing a goal through to the end, then it is by no means a risk. It’s not dangerous; it’s adventurous and freeing. What’s risky is being stuck in a life or job that isn’t fulfilling. … Now that you are empowered and ready to chase your dream, you have to take that big step. Let go of the things that are holding you back and take the leap. To many on the outside, this will look like a risk, but – again – I hate that word. Risk sounds like you aren’t prepared. The word risk means there is an exposure to danger or harm. In our case, the danger or harm is failure. If you embrace the challenge and dream as a risk, then you are giving into failure as an option. I have always felt that labeling something a risk is dis-empowering. The challenge should empower you, not be looked at as a threat … This is something you have to do to succeed …”
– Excerpt from Brandon Hudgins‘ book, Going the Distance: The Journey of a Vasculitis Patient on the Road to Olympic Glory, talking about his decision to quit his job to chase his dream of qualifying for the 2016 Olympic Trials.
- Sheep farmer from Wales debuts at 2:09 in in Frankfurt
- FURMAN PERFECTS SOCON w/ 23:57 AVG
- Rotich wins the American conference meet with a 4:13 last mile after running off course
- 70 hour a week job is destroying my running career!
- BYU 1, NAU 0 based off of respective conference performances
- Young people, are you celebrating Halloween tonight? Post your pics here
- I know a group of girls who have done a truly impressive amount of ultras, however they are all fat.
- I thought we had seen it all, but did Portland just tank their conference meet?
- Guess my end-of-college PRs based off of my freshman year in high school times