Quote Of The Day
“Keen to prove a point to those who had stripped him of his 400m dream, Makwala dropped immediately to the track on crossing the finish line, completed a rapid-fire set of push-ups and stood to attention with a salute.
The only way he could have made a greater statement would have been to stick two fingers up and cast them directly at those in charge of athletics’ governing body. If the norovirus had struck, it was not affecting him any more.”
– Ben Bloom writing about Isaac Makwala‘s reaction after running a 200m time trial to qualify for the 200m semifinals after being barred from running the 400m final the night before.
- Breaking: Say it ain't so. Colleen Quigley DQd in women's steeple.
- U of O alum Phyllis Francis runs PR FTW in the rain!
- No Jamaican Men in 200m final! What's happened
- Holy cow. The NOP does it again, pulls a France and tries to get Eric Jenkins into the final on a DQ
- Two Canadians in the 5000m Final!
- When they cut from a race to field event- I hate it!
- Jenkins???? Damn!!
- Chelimo fracas in 5000 qualifier
- Karsten MF Warholm - GOLD medal 400H!!
- Bosse an Kszot, slowest in pure speed over 400
- 140 Miles per week