Quote Of The Day
“The first time you whip out your credit card to pay for your business class ticket to travel to your first meet of the year you will feel sick to your stomach. That’s thousands of dollars you have no idea you’ll get back. You’re sitting there typing in your passenger info wondering if you’re in shape enough to make the cost of this ticket back in prize money. You’re second guessing your training, you’re texting your coach begging for reassurance. You hit ‘book now’ and that rock in your gut settles deeper. I remember thinking, ‘I need a drink’ I was so stressed.”
– Reigning Olympic long jump champ Tianna Bartoletta talking about how it’s expensive to be a top notch track and field athlete. Bartoletta spends more than most as she hates sharing rooms with strangers and needs to fly business class.
- Andrew Hunter 3:36.77 in Padova
- carrying/taking tablets on long runs - how?
- Sydney McLaughlin is on the cover of Sports Illustrated
- Yet another Salazar fail? 2014 Youth Olympic gold medallist has quit the NOP and returned to Japan
- NBC's Olympic channel launced on Saturday in the USofA
- Ethiopia finally found the successor to Kenenisa & Haile - His name Selemon Barega
- Will Abbey D'Agostino make it back to elite racing? Any updates on her status?