Quote Of The Day
“I can’t help feeling like what I do is unimportant. There are people in the world who have noble jobs and jobs that are for other people and not just for themselves. I feel like being a sponsored athlete is such a ridiculous life to lead. It’s like, what are you doing for people? Nothing.”
– Trail runner (and LRC forum reader) Anton Krupicka talking to Competitor.com about being a pro runner. Krupicka used to win big trail races regularly but now is an injured shell of his former self but more popular than ever.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- NCAA mile champ Karisa Nelson sometimes only ran 4 days a week freshman year as she wanted to be social
- Jerry Schumacher's son and daughter both just won Oregon state 3k titles
- Tracktown Summer Series Draft #2 in the books
- Former Alabama runner Alex Amankwah runs huge 1:44.80 pb, Drew Windle also gets pb of 1:45.02 at GA Meet of Champs
- Olympic medals aren't what they used to be - 6 to 7 % of Rio Olympic medals have already begun to flake apart
- Think track is boring? The Boston Celtics were down by 41 ... at halftime on Friday
- RIP Al Lawrence -- 1956 Bronze Medalist
- Wow. Just wow. Really Runner's World publishes an article entitled, "How to Do Your Race Day Makeup"