Quote Of The Day
“Definitely had a nice little break [after Rio]. Little too good of a break, I think, and [that] reflected in my indoors but I’m fired up and motivated and excited to get after this outdoor season.”
-Olympic 1500m champ Matthew Centrowitz after running 3:33.41 to defeat Olympic 5000m champion Mo Farah for the first time, last night at the USATF Distance Classic at Oxy College in LA.
It was a great night for the Nike Oregon Project on the track but that quickly turned into a horrible morning as the NY Times has published a 2,400 expose on Alberto Salazar’s controversial coaching methods under the title, ‘This Doesn’t Sound Legal’: Inside Nike’s Oregon Project. They call Salazar “a medicine chest whose door swung open for the world-class athletes on Nike’s payroll.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Statement from agent Ricky Simms on Galen Rupp/Jordan Hasay DNFs in Chicago
- Official 2017 Oxy Live Discussion Thread.
- Nike has created the ‘world’s first full-size LED running track’ (cool pic)
- Do elite runners have real jobs,or do they sit around the house alll day after their workouts?
- Got A Bogus Seat Belt Ticket - Lawyers I Need Help Please!!!
- World xc bornze medallist Lilian Kasait Rengeruk, 20, destroys Hyvin Kiyeng in 5000 in Kenya - 15:36 to 15:51
- Snow causes Colorado state HS track meet to be postponed a day
- RIP Al Lawrence -- 1956 Bronze Medalist
- Rupp could retire today as one of the top ten best US marathoners ever.