Should Have Got Her When They Had The Chance
“My body needs a good rest, having broken the world marathon record, besides running my fastest half marathon race in February … I had prepared well for Rio Olympics (last year) having not punished by body at the 2016 London Marathon but I wasn’t considered (in the Kenyan team). I have punished my body enough and I need some rest… I believe we still have credible and good talent out there.”
– “All-women’s” marathon world record holder Mary Keitany announcing that she’d be turning down her spot on Kenya’s 2017 World marathon squad. Last year, Athletics Kenya made the ludicrous decision not to select Keitany for their Olympic team; now they won’t have the world’s best marathoner on their 2017 squad either.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Statement from agent Ricky Simms on Galen Rupp/Jordan Hasay DNFs in Chicago
- Dr. Michael Joyner and LetsRun's Robert Johnson share their thoughts on what Eliud Kipchoge's 2:00:25 means
- Texas man sues date for texting during movie during his "first date from hell" - What's your worst dating experience?
- Anthony Whiteman 1:51 800m at 45y
- My spouse sleeps 9+ hours a day. Ia that normal?
- Prominent Elite Club Closing its doors at years end
- Are any high schoolers going to break 4 this year or not?
- Coach told my son a 4:25 would break school record, he ran it, then ooops!
- Happy 60th BDay Joan Benoit Samuelson!! Will she soon become the first 60 yr old woman to break 3 in the marathon?
- Official 2017 Oxy Live Discussion Thread.