Quote Of The Day
“My mind was fully on finishing within two hours, but on the last lap I lost 10 seconds and the time escaped. It has been hard, it has taken seven good months of preparation and dedication. This journey has been a long challenge, but I’m a happy man to run a marathon in two hours. We are now just 25 seconds away. I believe in good preparation and good planning. With that, these 25 seconds will go. I hope next time people believe it is possible.”
– Eliud Kipchoge speaking after falling just short of his sub-2 hour marathon goal with a world’s best of 2:00:25 Saturday morning in Italy.
- If Kipchoge's 2:00:26 dosen't count as any sort of record; does it count as a personal record?
- Cheserek NOT the king
- Why was Kipchoge's race not "offical" by IAF rules?
- So happy about my 2:54 marathon. Please make me feel bad.
- ugh Mcmillan just ruined their calculator
- I was at a party and the sub2 attempt got brought up, someone asked "Why does he need pacers, there are phones"
- WSJ article calling Breaking2 and Kipchoge a failure