Quote Of The Day
“It’s been a decade of waiting, but now to have it in black and white from the IAAF that her results will be annulled and I’ll receive my medal finally means a lot. I can finally enjoy the moment. I would have preferred to have been on the podium in Osaka but it is good to have a resolution. Obviously I’ll be thrilled to receive that medal that’s rightfully mine but it’s also bittersweet. I was in the best shape of my life that day, it was incredibly hot and humid and I gave it my all and it was so close for a medal only to lose it just before the line. I just felt massive frustration I couldn’t quite do it, it was a feeling of failure, lying on the track flat on my back, feeling massively disappointed. You feel like you’ve let everyone down when it could have been you standing on the podium feeling massively proud, it should have been a day of massive elation.”
– UK’s Jo Pavey talking about finally being re-awarded the 2007 World 10,000m bronze medal after Turkey’s Elvan Abeylegesse was officially banned for doping.
- Lagat calls out Sam Chalenga on Twitter
- Runner wearing earbuds beats up mountain biker outside of Golden, Co
- Allie Ostrander Running Steeplechase At Stanford
- Michael Wardian Set to Race Barkley (Ultra) Marathons, Ran 2:29 Marathon on the track last week
- Every tuesday i do explosive hill reps on a short steep hill .The result is no more achilles tendonitis.Why?
- Race Bandits to be SUED for 'theft of service' in Modesto (CA) ?
- Another cheater at the LA Marathon