Quote Of The Day
“I credit being at the University of Oregon and going to college for four years as the reason why I can run these tactical races, why I’m prepared for these slow races … I don’t think anyone in that race (the Rio 1,500m final), especially from Africa, had ever been in a 3:50 1,500-meter race in their life. A tactical race for those guys is 3:39, 3:40 … I think it’s messing with them more mentally than obviously physically … I’ve run plenty of 3:50 races. I know how to navigate that kind of field when it goes that slow.”
– Matt Centrowitz talking about how running slow races in the NCAA prepared him with the tactics to win 1,500m gold in Rio.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- High school runner caught cheating again
- Should we get married or break up?
- how important is the 20 mile long run in marathon training?
- What the heck happened to running shoes?!
- Who will be the next American runner to break 13:00 in the 5k?
- I tried fast food over the holiday. Can someone explain why this stuff is so popular?
- Pretty much all of the top 10 HS boys are running NXN and not Footlocker
- Freshman Qualifies for FLN
- Penn St will make the college football playoff