Quote Of The Day
“As soon as any scandal breaks out, the first reaction is always on the public relations front. The IAAF wants to control the media narrative and snuff out the fire before it spreads. What they do not understand is that sometimes the fire needs to spread in order to help the forest’s long term health. … Let these fires grow in our sport and let’s get rid of the crap before it takes down our whole forest. … The Olympic movement rarely takes that path as they focus on the short-term impact of the scandal and not the long-term health of the sport.”
– Hammer thrower and HMMR media writer Martin Bingisser in an opinion piece about what the IAAF can learn from cycling’s doping scandals and mistakes.
- The official Presidential debate thread
- Wilson Kipsang appreciation thread
- I just lost a race because I was pointed the wrong way - How often does this happen?
- Bekele GOAT
- Bend Oregon is running heaven
- Divorce Sucks!
- Has Bekele just legitimised his WRs? Clean? GOAT?
- RIP Arnold Palmer
- Did Steph Curry actually recognize Centro in the SFO airport?
- Donn Cabral Attacked by Hawk