Doping Destroys Dreams
“I’m still today paying off the debt I incurred to pursue athletics. I mean that in an emotional and financial sense. Things could have been very, very different. Rather than saying I could have made this money, this sponsor deal or this funding – you can always earn money – you can’t buy standing on an Olympic podium and feeling that sense of satisfaction with your achievements.”
“The truth is in my career I felt 12 years of dissatisfaction, pursed this particularly hard event for a very long time and had very, very fleeting moments of success and joy. The biggest one I got close to and would have occurred was unfairly stolen from me at the time.”
– British 400m runner Andrew Steele talking about finding out that he’s retrospectively an Olympic bronze medalist after a member of the 2008 Russian 4 x 400m bronze medal team was caught in a doping re-test.
- FancyBear day 2
- Just found out that my girlfriend of 2 years told someone "that having sex with me is like having sex with C-3PO"...
- Hacked WADA data ; end of WADA ?
- 2016 NYC Marathon Fields released - Does Ritz have a chance (only 4 other sub-2:08 guys in the race)?
- Can you touch your thumb and middle finger when you wrap your hand around your ankle?
- My female coworker has lost a ton of weight, my supervisor wants me to talk to her
- Michael Brannigan T20 1500m Gold 3:51.7 with a 55 last lap!