Quote Of The Day
“The Russian government has catastrophically failed its Para-athletes. Their medals over morals mentality disgusts me. The complete corruption of the anti-doping system is contrary to the rules and strikes at the very heart of the spirit of Paralympic sport. … Their thirst for glory at all costs has severely damaged the integrity and image of all sports … Tragically, this situation is not about athletes cheating a system but about a state-run system that is cheating the athletes. The doping culture that is polluting Russian sport stems from the Russian government and has now been uncovered in not one but two independent reports commissioned by the WADA.”
– International Paralympic Committee president Philip Craven talking about the IPC’s decision to ban Russia from the 2016 Rio Games.
- Swimmer Mack Horton blasts doper sitting next to him at press conference
- Is it insulting to women when the women's event is shorter or less than the men's?
- Olympics - what do athletes do after their event is over?
- Dutch Cyclist Annemiek van Vleuten Survives Terrible Rio Olympic Crash
- Lilly King to Yuliya Efimova: You’ve been caught for drug cheating and I’m just not a fan
- The day after his world-leading 12:59 5000 Mo Farah ran 20 miles on a treadmill