Quote Of The Day
“The Ducks’ shot at a second straight women’s title dissolved Thursday at the NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships. Catastrophe struck more than once, leaving coach Robert Johnson at a loss to describe Oregon’s misfortune.
A question about the Ducks’ rotten luck elicited only a rueful smile as Johnson turned and walked away. It wasn’t his finest moment, nor was it Oregon’s finest day.
For a team that wins routinely on the track, the Ducks have been followed by an inordinate amount of drama this season. Some is beyond their control, and some is self-inflicted …
The Ducks have had several departures from their women’s team, none acknowledged or explained. Johnson had been displeased with media coverage, as he displayed by walking away from a harmless question.”
– Eugene Register-Guard columnist Austin Meek writing about a tough first day for the Oregon women at the 2016 NCAA Outdoor Championships. Ken Goe writes about why two ex-Ducks left.
- Please post your apologies here if you wrote him off. Donavan Brazier just jogged a 1:45.03!!!
- Bait and Switch: Schools not following through on verbal scholarship offers - How common is it? What's the solution?
- Molly Huddle to make marathon debut at NYC this year
- Wonder why Oslo 5k was so tactical? It was the Ethiopian Olympic Trials race
- How Much Cash Would It Take to Get a Sub 12:55 Race?
- The greatest thread in LRC history? Robert Young fakes run across America