Quote Of The Day
“Here, albeit with the help of whistleblowers and journalists, administrators are in the position of being able to make a statement, to make a clear sign that they are not prepared to tolerate cheating on such a scale, even if one of the world’s most powerful countries is at it. Far from being politically-motivated criticism, would anyone be calling for the ban to be lifted if it was not Russia we were dealing with? No one is calling for an Olympic weightlifting ban against Bulgaria to be lifted…”
“… At school, if someone in the class has misbehaved and the teacher had not found the culprit, the entire class would be given detention unless everyone involved owned up. It is the principal of collective responsibility, also prevalent in struggling businesses or organisations. While not always fair on those who did nothing wrong, it is sometimes the only way.”
– Nick Butler writing for InsideTheGames.biz about why he believes Russia needs to stay banned for the Rio 2016 Olympics.
- Why were the Brooks Beasts shut out of the NIKE Pre Classic?
- Mo Farah shuts his charity after it spent more on marketing and a glitzy ball than on helping African children
- Did the Cincinnati zoo officials shoot the gorilla too fast?
- Would you rather be super rich in 1900 or sub average wealth in 2016?
- Why are distance runners not viewed as athletic as sprinters and football players
- Don't go too hard on workouts? El Guerrouj says he ran until he was sick.