Quote Of The Day
“In training I am always fine, but after most 400m races – and I know this sounds ridiculous – I throw up. I really don’t know why it happens. I think this is the reason why I have a love-hate relationship when it comes to the 400m. I know I am talented at the event and that’s why I do it, but at the same time I’m not so excited, because I know what the event does to me. I do get very nervous before a 400m race, but that is not because of the guys I’m competing against, but because I know I am likely to vomit after the race.”
“I have had some horrible experiences, but I think the worst was in Paris [2015 Diamond League, when he ran 43.96]. Post-race I was asking where the doping control was and before I knew it, I was lying next to some flower pot being sick. I was referred to an ambulance and I was in the parking lot next to the ambulance throwing up. I later threw up two times in the warm-up area.”
– World 400 champion Wayde van Niekerk, talking about how he is sick after almost every single race. In case you missed it on Friday night, Van Niekerk ran
a world leading the second fastest time in the world this year with 44.11 in a low key meet in S. Africa.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Nike ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% Unveiled
- High Schoolers Brandon McGorty (Sean's Brother), Drew Hunter and Alex Lomong (Lopez's brother) go 1:48 for 800
- Down Goes Edward Cheserek (again)... King Ches just lost to a guy from Lewis and Clark College
- Nick Symmonds tattoo auction ends, $21800 for 9 inches - T-Mobile's John Legere is the winner and wants your suggestions for the tattoo
- Hunter v. Slagowski: A Confounding Variable
- Anyone see this race? Mary Cain runs 2:08 800m in Oregon
- Is Centro currently the best Non-African mid-d/d runner on the planet?
- HS Girl- Help Me Improve!!