Quote Of The Day
“‘Adversity introduces a man or woman to themselves.’ Adversity also causes some to break and others to break records. That is important because at the Olympic Trials in 2008 when I dove and got out-leaned and the other guy out-dove me, that was a pivotal time because I was arguably in the best shape of my life. My wife was there with my newborn son who was seven months old or so. After that race I remember coming off of the track and I saw my coach. He was in shock and was in disbelief … I saw my wife and she was crying. Then I saw my son and he was just raising his arms and saying, ‘Dadda.’ It was like he was communicating to me that he didn’t know what was going on and he didn’t care … It’s amazing because when I was doing my interview I said, ‘If this is the worst thing that happens to me this year, then I am a blessed man.’ I think they put it in Sports Illustrated.”
– All-time US 800 great Khadevis Robinson talking about when he just missed making the Olympics in 2008. KD had two narrow Olympic misses in 2000 (.27 seconds) and 2008 (.06 seconds), but bounced back both times to make the team in 2004 and 2012, as well as 7 straight Worlds teams from 1999 to 2011.
- Comeback from the depths of hell in Collegiate 4 x 400m
- Any Tax Day Nightmares? Here Is One For You.
- Why do people hate on hobby joggers?
- I'm so rich I carry two working iPhones so I can talk on one and browse with the other. How rich are you?
- Bob Kennedy has become a, GASP, HOBBYJOGGER!!!
- When does running to win become normal?
- Today I found out I inherited $1,200,000
- All Out Marathons Ruin Racers
- What would Rupp have run today in Boston?