Quote Of The Day
“As [USATF] represents the best of our sport, from the young kids running relays to our Olympic teams, they have to realize that EVERYTHING that they do is under the microscope. … Sometimes, it seems like that is forgotten. I question whether USATF should have considered Dennis Mitchell in the first place. The message is winning is winning. … I am no doctor, but what is going on here? Not a conspiracy suggestion, but someone made an error here. USATF had a proverbial focus of the media go away, and now, they have to justify why Dennis Mitchell is still around. I am not sure that this is very good for our sport. It makes [USATF] look like they will do anything to win a medal. It also makes [USATF] seem like they are above any rules, unless those rules work for them. … USATF shot themselves in the proverbial foot here.”
– RunBlogRun’s Larry Eder questioning why USATF has decided once again to keep Dennis Mitchell on as national relay coach despite his doping past AND new rules that prevent a coach being made relay coach if they coach someone in the relay pool (Mitchell coaches Justin Gatlin). *Discuss
- In honor of the 120th anniversary of the first olympics
- How fast can you start and stop your watch?
- NAU Coach Leaving in 2017
- What is the nastiest creature in the animal kingdom?
- Tips for running in college without a team?
- Doper Dennis Mitchell is again US relay coach
- Jenny Simpson just did a Steeple workout
- Lagat has verbally committed to doing the 10000m at Oly Trials - top two spots are now gone to Rupp + Lagat.