Quote Of The Day
“I think it could be. I’ve been kind of naïve. I thought Ben Johnson could have been a tipping point, but it wasn’t. I thought [1998 Tour de France team] Festina could have been a tipping point, but it wasn’t. But I think this is more broadly serious, and even some of the idiots that run international federations are starting, starting to get the point that this could all dry up if they don’t deal with the issue. The public is getting pretty inured to the fact that competitions are fixed, and they will stop watching and then sponsors will stop sponsoring and then it could all go down the tubes.”
– Dick Pound talking about how he hopes the latest string of doping scandals finally creates the momentum needed to get sport leaders to do all that is necessary to combat doping.
- Runner with GoPro captures video of Kamworor playing catchup!
- German Fernandez is going for it - wants the Olympic 'A' in his 10k debut!
- Genzebe Dibaba will try to qualify for 10000 & 5000m for Rio?
- Geoffrey Kamworor will double at the Kenyan trials.
- Farah will not win a Gold in Rio
- 11 boys run 4:09.70 or better full mile in one race
- I found a picture of an average male in the 1950s