Quote Of The Day
“I’ve found out she (Genzebe Dibaba) needs the mileage – to keep slim and also because she has natural speed, so I don’t think she needs any coach to give her a lot of speed.”
“This year we haven’t done speed and she’s running faster, so the key has been keeping up mileage and doing good repeats. You will have seen the workout, 6 x 800m, but [how it was reported] was not exactly how she did it. She did six: 2:04, 2:03, 2:04, 2:03, 2:02, 1:58 [with four minutes recovery] …”
“There was another workout, the last one before going to Beijing: 4 x 1,500m in 4:06, 4:04, 4:03, 4:02 with 4-5 minutes of recovery. She trains with guys who are running 3:40, 3:42. Many people question how can she run 3:50. I say that’s not the point; she can run faster.”
– Jama Aden, the world’s best mid-d coach in recent years, talking in an interview with Cathal Dennehy about why he thinks Genzebe Dibaba was in 3:47-8 shape this year. He thinks 8:06 for 3k is doable as is 1:54 for 800.
- Galen Rupp running OT Marathon!
- Now that Rupp is in. Who has the balls to break him?
- Mary Cain just opened her season with a 9:23 3k. Is this a good or bad sign??
- Evan Jager, King Ches, Ryan Hill, Levins, Jenkins, and Lomong all to clash in Millrose 3k - Who you got?
- Prediction: Ryan Hall WILL Return to the Marathon within 5 years
- Andrew Hunter Over/Under 8:05.46 this Saturday?
- Flying to SFO tomorrow for the Super Bowl, where to run in Frisco, Berkeley, Silicon Valley?