Bring Back The Mile
“We have witnessed a decline in interest in Track & Field over the last 30 to 40 years. With today’s collegiate landscape so dynamic, we need be aggressive to halt this decline to prevent the possible demise of our sport. My hope is that, at this year’s convention, we begin to make small changes that could yield big results to slow down, stop and eventually reverse this decline. … Bringing the Mile back to outdoor track & field can be one step to change this decline.”
– Excerpt from Southern Utah University coach Eric Houle‘s proposal to replace the 1,500m with the mile at the NCAA Outdoor Championships, starting this year. The proposal will be voted on by coaches at this week’s USTFCCCA Convention. *BringBackTheMile.com Article
- Drew Hunter's coach predicts 3:55/8:2X this spring
- Ryan Hall Training on Trails?!? Going to Ultras?
- What is considered good pay for a head coach for w+m track and XC?
- Successfully married men, how much crap from your wife do you put up with?
- Ran half today, people got mad at me for running behind them and "drafting", is there some etiquette I'm missing?
- Serena Williams pulls a Rossi. Gets into a taxi at 2k mark to finish a 5k!
- LRCers: We Need Your Shoe Reviews, The Quest for 1,000 More Reviews Starts Now