Quote Of The Day
“That’d be three marathons in 10 months and I want Laura to be around for the next 10 years. I don’t want to end her career in the space of one year. … Look, Laura is going to be the girl that’s gonna wheel everyone around and get outkicked and finish 4th in the 5k. She doesn’t have the speed to close out the last 6 or 800. In the 10k, I think that’s where her strength is. I look at Shalane [Flanagan] and Deena [Kastor] and all of those [10k] girls, and I think Laura is of the same ilk, the same makeup.”
– Laura Thweatt‘s coach, Lee Troop, explaining why she won’t be running the US Olympic Marathon Trials in February despite a great debut in NYC (2:28:23 for 7th place), and instead will be focusing on the 10,000.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- After Meb's performance at NYC today, do you think he is more likely to make the US Olympic team? Or less likely?
- Thweatt won't run marathon trials because ...
- Wisconsin 8th at big tens. Michigan first Illinois second
- Mike Rossi's Quest for $100,000.... Delayed
- ONE RACE WONDER? Who has gotten this biggest career boost based off one race/performance?
- Who would win NCAA's with only their current in state runners?
- R'n'R Philly Half Results - Tim Ritche Scorches 61:23 Half, Krifchin and Spence Gracey both break 70
- Colorado Does It Again. Stays Undefeated at Pac 12 Meet. Beats Stanford by 11.