Quote Of The Day
“I was actually pretty scared (when I got the lead). After 5k, I started to really feel that effort and I was a little worried that I was going to get caught. But I’d say the last 2k, I was able to give a little peek and I saw that gap that I had. I knew that I still had the energy left. The last 2k or 1k, I thought I had it pretty well. … Before the race, (coach) had actually said offhand in our little team huddle, ‘You know Tommy, just go win it’ and then he gave the other guys their instructions. And we just sort of giggled at that because I don’t know if we really expected that win exactly.”
– Thomas Curtin of Virgina Tech talking in a Q&A with Jonathan Gault about his Pre-Nats win.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Jordan Hasay drops out after going out over 3 hour pace
- Opposite of Mike Rossi: Winner of Chinese marathon DQd for cheating, protests and is reinstated (link fixed)
- RIP: 1983 World Champs marathon silver medallist - Marianne Dickerson of USA - has died at age 54
- Crazy battle for second place in Toronto Women's Marathon - did race organizers get it wrong?
- Women's Running magazine featuring a plus-size "athlete" w 5k PR of 1:09:5 and marathon PR 12:19:30. Is she really a runner?
- Hand him the Foot Locker crown now- Drew Hunter runs 14:20 - 34 seconds faster than he did last year
- The Woodlands 3200m Time Trial...15 guys break 9:50