Quote Of The Day
“So basically Wisconsin forfeited to six teams in Louisville. People can defend it all they want but that’s bad for our sport. No ifs ands or buts. Can you imagine the outrage if the Wisconsin basketball coach flew to a game and didn’t try to win it? …
But just because Byrne thinks his decision was right for his team doesn’t mean that it was right for the sport. The purpose of a race is to determine which teams and athletes are the best. By sending his athletes out there and telling them not to try their hardest, Byrne disrespected the competition and the sport. This isn’t like when Spurs coach Gregg Popovich benches his top players during the regular season. When he does that, he still tells the players that are playing to try to win the game. The proper equivalent would be Popovich keeping Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker in the game but telling them to only give 75 percent effort …
The Wisconsin athletes, by Byrne’s own admission, didn’t honor the competition with their best effort. There is no doubt – they violated the rules of the sport and need to be DQed as it’s wrong for the NCAA at-large process to be impacted by their half-effort.”
– Excerpt from our weekly NCAA XC recap where we call for the NCAA Track and Field/Cross-Country Rules Committee to follow its own rule book and remove the Wisconsin men from the 2015 Louisville results as the Badgers failed to follow the rules and give an honest effort. The NCAA rule book clearly states that NCAA cross-country athletes are always expect to honor their “teammates and opponents with their best effort,” which Wisco, by its own admission, didn’t do. The NCAA at-large process shouldn’t be impacted by their lack of effort.
- What to do about banned sprinter Steve Mullings? Do you think he's crazy or is there a huge conspiracy in Jamaica?
- Sara Hall piece - weird statement
- Not making this up: German athletes shoot ozone up their rectum to try to improve their performance
- The sprint at the gun in XC?
- So is it a fact that Mary Cain dropped out of U Portland?
- Met a girl I think could be my future wife... However, the timing is terrible. Please advise.
- What is the #1 best stregth training exercise for running a faster 5K?????