Quote Of The Day
“You know, this isn’t blowing smoke: for the first time at a meeting I have been to between the AAC and the national office, and with all the interested parties – we actually got together and got something done. … We came up with something I think the athletes are going to be very happy about. You can’t please everyone, obviously. But this is an enormous step forward in the professionalization of our sport.”
– Will Leer talking about the new USATF revenue distribution plan which will deliver an additional $9 million in cash to US athletes over the next 5 years and see them paid for competing and medaling at global championships.
*MB: Make a World Champs or Olympic Team – USATF pays you $10K Definitely better than what they had before. The unsanswered question is how much of the extra money from Nike are athletes getting?
- Make a World Champs or Olympic Team - USATF pays you $10K
- LRC Discussion: Finding the proper way to discuss eating disorders/women's weight issues on LetsRun.com
- fastest high school coaching staff in the country
- Run with Marathon Pacers or just Pace Yourself
- How Far into a Race are you in Oxygen Debt?
- Eliud Kipchoge has run 6 marathons with a slowest of 2:05:30 and average of 2:04:34
- How the heck do insoles come out while running?
- Meb gets U.S. 1/2 Masters record in San Jose - 63:02