Quote Of The Day
“As a 24 year old, I have had the same conversations with my friends again and again. What do we want to do when we grow up? To hold this sort of millennial discussion, we ignore the fact that we are all adults with real life responsibilities that are here and present. But there are stages of growing up, and so we wonder, what do we next?”
“Right now, I am a professional runner. It’s what I have always wanted to do. This has been my dream since I was the only kid wearing bright pink spikes during the 6th grade gym class mile. It took me sometime to realize there was going to be a life beyond my own running – I never thought that far in advance, until friends of mine started asking. My answer isn’t exact yet, but it’s developing. But I already know my mission statement: To help the sport of Track and Field.”
– Kyle Merber explaining his inspiration for creating the Hoka One One Long Island Mile, an open / elite track mile race that will be run Wednesday night. It features two great elite fields and is worth checking out in person or on the 8:30PM free live stream.
- Official: Paul Radcliffe statement
- Jared Ward Wins US 20K Championship
- Brussells entries up
- Why do golf courses allow XC?
- Why am I so much slower in the mornings?
- Has a WR holder ever died while still maintaining their record?
- How many current American running records have been set while winning the race?
- I hate cocky runners
- Where is the BEST place in America to live? For a typical middle class family?