Quote Of The Day
“This bronze medal’s going to shine brighter than my gold (from the 2012 Olympics) for sure because despite everything I’m going through I was still able to pull off a medal, a season’s best of 13.04. I’m so happy I was able to come out here and just perform and be mentally tough in these rounds. It’s very hard to run rounds with my current state of health …”
“Just to be here at these championships shows that I’m mentally tough and I have the heart of a champion.”
– Aries Merritt in the understatement of the Worlds. Merritt, who is going to have a kidney transplant on Tuesday, ran 13.04, his fastest time in 3 years, to snatch the bronze medal in the 110m hurdles.
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- Check Your Scores/Change Your Picks LRC $200,015 Running Warehouse Worlds Contest
- Dibaba going for the WR in the 5k final!
- Greatest w200 ever: Netherlands Dafne Schippers runs 21.63 championship record as 3 break 22.00!!!
- UnF****** Believable - Eaton 45.00 for 400!
- Kenya will sweep the World Champs men's 1500m race
- Merritt wins bronze and runs 13.04 with less than 20% kidney function. Is this the performance of the championships?