Bye-Bye, Boston; Hello LA Or Toronto?
“Over the weekend, tens of thousands of fans went to the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics World Games. The city of Los Angeles is spending $12 to $15 million in in-kind services in support of the World Games. A torch relay rolled through town before the ceremony.
Boston, meanwhile, has over the past six months proven to the world what most stereotypically consider its worst trait – coming off as an insulated, angry group of navel-gazing NIMBYs who don’t trust outsiders and don’t think there is anything in the world that is better or can be improved about the place.
The Hub? Ha.
This Boston bid is so wretched that it has now emboldened Toronto – which staged the Pan American Games this month – to seriously consider a candidacy.”
– Olympic expert (and LA resident) Alan Abrahamson writing about the 2024 Olympic bid before the USOC dumped Boston yesterday as many Bostonians didn’t want it. LA and Toronto both seem excited. Abrahamson didn’t hold back and claims, “It would appear that Boston lied, cheated or misrepresented to win in the domestic phase against LA, San Francisco and Washington.”
Super Hot on LetsRun: Shalane announces she is RETIRED!
- Bad news for Jenny Simpson and Shannon Rowbury: Genzebe Dibaba WILL double at Worlds
- Daily debate: "Dibaba’s medal chances are arguably stronger in the 5,000, as she has scant experience" in 1500
- Just realized Wheating's 3:30 was at Monaco... no wonder it was a fluke.
- What is the most impressive/notable achievement of your lifetime?
- Saw an Old Guy with a Shaved Chest Running with Two Hot, Younger Women - Amazing or Sad?
- Mo Farah met with USADA Investigator for 5 Hours in London
- Do you own a Nike+ fuelband? Good news, Nike and Apple owe you money ($25) as lawyers claim they are inaccurate
- Top-5 Most Attractive Women of All-Time
- New Dads, I need some help